The Gastronomy program may be a relatively small one at Boston University, but our growing community is strong, and our students are passionate about food, cooking, culture, sustainability, and eating locally.
As a way to bring our group closer together, we’ve decided to launch a canvas tote bag design contest, just for Gastronomy students and alumni!
Here’s how this will work:
- Students can submit as many designs as they like to lucia.austria[at]gmail[dot]com, until Tuesday, March 20, 2012.
- We’ll select our favorites from the submissions, and then post them to this blog, where everyone will be able to vote for their favorite.
- Whichever designer gets the most votes will get his or her design printed on a canvas tote bag—and receive a free tote!
We’ll setup an online store through zazzle.com where you can decide on what size tote bag to purchase to show off your swag around campus. There’s no purchase deadline, and your bag will be sent directly to you. A portion of the proceeds for each bag will go toward Gastronomy Student Association events.
Here are the rules for submissions:
- BU has specified that we can use any design, as long as it doesn’t make use of any Boston University logos. Feel free to be creative!
- Your design must include
- “BU Gastronomy” or
- “Gastronomy @ BU” or
- “Boston University Gastronomy”
- Resolution should be 150 pixels/inch (ppi)
- Color mode should be sRGB or RGB
- PNG preferred, JPG accepted
- Available space is 2375 x 2375 pixels, or 16 x 16 inches
Do you design better with a pencil than a mouse? No problem! Submissions of scanned artwork are accepted, just as long as the file follows these guidelines as best as possible. Entries up for vote will be converted to these exact specifications.